Benito Federico Rubi was born on 8 March 1892 in St. Johns, New Mexico. His father was Jose de Jesus RUBI and his mother was Damiana Garcia-Marquez. Baptismal Godparents were Jesus Torres and Emilia Hunt.
Benito married Josifa Baca in 1916 in Holbrook, Arizona. Marriage Book B; Page 411. Witnesses were Procopio Garcia and Cesarea Garcia. Josifa (SP) Rubi filed for divorce from Benito on 9 April 1917. Josefa was granted her maiden name. Div. No. 655.
Benito registered for draft on 2 February 1918: Order 786, Serial No. 340 at Navajo County seat in Arizona. He enlisted or was inducted on 26 May 1918 at Camp Cody, New Mexico. Private 1st Class, American Expedition Force. He served in Europe in 1918 from 18 October to 29 May, serving in Co. A, 309th Infantry; discharge: Army No. 1414589. He was 25 years of age and was 5 feet, 6 inches tall; single when discharged; discharge recorded at Navajo County on 12 April 1934 in Vol. 6 of Misc., Page 198(?).
Benito was age 28 when he married Margaret Eva Garduño. She was 21. Marriage certificate recorded in Coconino County: Book 4, P 470. He fathered 9 children with Margaret.
Documents on hand:
- Letter dated 13 June 1952 from the Veteran’s Administration in Phoenix, Arizona, grants Benito $60.00 per month from 11 February 1952 to 7 March 1958 and $72.00 per month from 8 March 1958, his 65 birthday.
- On 25 September 1930, Benito received $85.63 as a veteran of WWI from U. S Veterans Bureau in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Letter dated 29 October 1959 from Arizona Dept. of Public Welfare, Navajo Co., Holbrook grants Benito an Old Age Assistance grant of $77.00, effective October 1959.
- Letter dated January, 1925 from US Veterans Bureau, Wash, DC, grants Benito $974.00 as per World War Adjusted Compensation ACT.
- Benito died at age 67. Cause of death: Hepatic Cirrhosis and heart attack.
This website will begin entering data into a Family Genealogy Tree. To insure that this information is not compromised, only family members will have access to this website. Please register, as the password given to you for this website will no longer give you access. If you have any questions, please send me an email.